Philip II of Macedon was the king of the Ancient Greek kingdom of Macedon from 359 BC until his assassination in 336 BC. He was a member of the Argead dynasty, the third son of King Amyntas III, and father of Alexander the Great and Philip III.
Day 1: Thessaloniki
- Arrival transfer to hotel
- Check In at local hotel (4-5*)
- Walking tour of city centre
- Dinner at local restaurant
Day 2: Vergina – Pela
- Visit Vergina for the Royal Tombs
- Visit Pela archaological site and museum
- Visit Miesa for the school of Aristotle where Alexander the Great received his education
- Visit the upper city of Thessaloniki with great views of the city
Day 3: Chalkidiki
- Departure for Chalkidiki
- Check In local hotel (4* – 5*) in Ouranoupolis
- Relaxation at the Spa and Pool of the hotel
Day 4: Cruise and Kerkini
- Cruise of the Mount Athos Penninsula viewing the famous monasteries
- Lunch in Ouranoupolis
- Departure for Lake Kerkini
- Check In at Domain
- Dinner in Domain with local dishes.
Day 5: Lake Kerkini
- Visit monastery of Timios Prodromos and other small monasteries to discover their architecture and art.
- Lunch at traditional village and trout farm near the borders (Ano Poroia) based on trout
- Boat ride in Lake Kerkini with local wine tasting and bird and buffalo watching
- Dinner based on buffalo products at domain with cooking lessons
Day 6: Kavala
- Departure for Kavala
- Visit various old monasteries where we will sample local treats.
- Check In hotel in Kavala (4* – 5*)
- Free lunch in the city
- Dinner at local restaurant (tasting)
Day 7: Thesaloniki
- Departure for Thessaloniki
- Visit Amphipolis archaological site where one of the most current excavations are happening.
- Check In hotel in Thessaloniki (4* – 5*)
- Visit the Byzantine Museum
Day 8: Thessaloniki
- Transfer for departure