Set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, it is a treasury which houses and guards many artefacts and monuments of religions, national and artistic value. It is also a “workshop” where religions arts and crafts are still practised to this day, and where deep and genuine spirituality is allowed to flourish and bear fruit.As an institution Mount Athos is, and has been, the chief standard bearer of Orthodox Christianity.
Day 1: Thessaloniki
- Arrival at Makedonia Airport in Thessaloniki meeting with assistant
- Check in at central hotel, welcome drink with home made liqueurs and canapés.
- Welcome dinner restaurant at Ladadika or Aristotle’s square short walk from the hotel.
Day 2: Thessaloniki – Ouranopoli
- Guided walking tour of city centre (Rotunda, Agia Sofia, Galerios arch, The Roman Agora)
- Free time for lunch in Thessaloniki’s numerous restaurants
- 12:30 departure for Ouranoupoli-Chalkidiki
- Check in a 5* hotel, free time to use the spa or swim in the sea or pool.
Day 3: Mount Athos
- Transfer to port for embarkation for Mount Athos (1h15min boat ride)
- Arrival at Dafni, mini bus pick up for monastery tour: Karies (administrational centre of Athos), Protato (oldest church), St. Stefanos skiti, Monasteries: Koutloumousiou, Stavronikita, Iviron, Pantokrator, Profet Ilias
- Arrival at a monastery for an overnight stay with welcome raki at check in.
- Church service and monastery dinner
Day 4: Mount Athos – Lake Kerkini
- Monastery breakfast and optional church service
- Visit to the monastery and 11:30 boat departure to Ierissos port.
- Lunch at local restaurant at Stavros village
- Welcome drink at domain at lake Kerkini with local delicacies
- Culinary lessons, cooking and dinner with local products.
Day 5: Lake Kerkini
- Full day at the Lake Kerkini
- Visit to water buffalo farm and lunch with water buffalo products
- Boat ride on the lake and bird watching
- Afternoon activity around the lake with bicycles or horses
- Alternative: visit to original Byzantine hamam with treatment
- Cooking lessons and dinner
Day 6: Lake Kerkini – Thessaloniki
- Traditional breakfast with fresh cheese and yogurt
- Visit to Amphipolis site
- Lunch in Kavala with typical fish dishes
- Arrival in Thessaloniki for hotel check in
- Free time to explore the city and optional night out.
Day 7: Thessaloniki
- Visit Pella site and new museum (ancient royal city)
- Visit to Vergina for the royal tombs (Phillip father or Alexander the great and Alexander the 4th son of Alexander the great and Roxana)
- Arrival in Thessaloniki in the afternoon
- Bus tour of the upper city and it’s byzantine walls.
Day 8: Thessaloniki
- Transfer to the airport for departure flights