The Glory of the Olympic Games
This tour brings you in contact with the ideal of Olympic games one of the purest ideas of the ancient world which promotes peace, cooperation, and a sense of sportsmanship and fair play.
You will visit various important sites of these ancient games throughout Greece and you will feel the Olympic spirit motivate you and lift you. Guided by the Olympic ideals you will get a sense of purification and new direction in life.
Day 1: Athens
- Arrival in Athens airport
- Orientation tour of the city with visits to Acropolis and Panathinaic Stadium (Olympic Games 1896)
- Transfer to centrally located hotel.
- Dinner based on 5th Century B.C. recipes
Day 2: Delphi
- Breakfast in Hotel
- Departure for Delphi site and museum (Pythean Olympic Games)
- Cooking lessons and dinner based on natural greek products
- Overnight in Hotel in Delphi area.
Day 3: Olympia
- Departure for Olympia
- Visit museum and site of Olympic Games and the great temple of Zeus.
- Afternoon visit the museum of Ancient Greek technology.
- Dinner with olive oil and wine tasting session.
- Overnight in hotel in Olympia area.
Day 4: Epidaurus – Mycenae – Nauplion
- Departure for Epidaurus Ancient Theatre
- Visit Mycenae site
- Ancient Greek Pottery lessons
- Dinner and overnight in Nauplion area.
Day 5: Ancient Corinth – Nemea – Nauplion
- Departure to visit Ancient Corinth site and museum
- Visit Nemea site and stadium (Nemean Olympic games)
- Visit a winery with wine tasting.
- Return to Nauplion for overnight
- Dinner based on mediterranean cuisine
Day 6: Isthmia – Corinth Canal – Eleusina – Athens
- Departure for Isthmia (Isthmian Olympic Games)
- Stop at Corinth canal
- Visit Eleusina
- Dinner Tasing with Southern Peloponeese cuisine with lecture on the global importance of the Olympic Games.
- Overnight in hotel in Athens.
Day 7: Athens
- Greek Breakfast
- Transfer to Athens Airport for departure.